Do you remember when you bought your first shiny new car? It was your most prized possession. You wanted to protect and keep it in perfect running order you had to take it in for regular maintenance.
Just like your car, websites need regular maintenance to stay at peak performance.
As business owners we would all love to consider our new website done-and-dusted, but that’s simply not the case.
Now, before I delve into this topic, I want to be very clear about something. Website maintenance is not a cash-grab by website developers. Technology is changing so quickly that it is current today, and out of date tomorrow. Your website is the same. It can go from a fresh-faced functioning website to antiquated overnight. And as developers, we want only the best for your business!
The only way to make sure your site is primed for best results is to have the right systems in place. Someone checking that your site is getting results, and then tweaking it when it’s not. If your site suddenly goes down, you want someone to realise and fix it ASAP, right? That’s all part of website maintenance.
At Strong Digital we believe that website maintenance is just as important as having a solid website strategy before you start the building stage. We don’t like building a website and walking away. We want to ensure that your site is running at full capacity and delivering results. Just like you we want your website to be a success.
Here are my Top 6 Reasons why you really do need website maintenance.
- Uptime Monitoring – We offer 24/7 Uptime monitoring, as part of our website maintenance & care packages. If it is down for more than a few minutes we will investigate and fix it.
- Backups and site restoration – Bad things happen online, and all the best protection in the world won’t stop a determined hacker, or prevent a technological crash. As part of our website maintenance package we perform regular daily or monthly backups depending on your website requirements. We’ll be on-hand to restore your site if there is an issue.
- Security Updates – Keeping the software or code on your website updated helps to protect and keep it – and your website visitors – secure. Wordpress and other CMS’s often update the core, themes and plugins to fix bugs, increase functionality or improve security. We monitor your website for updates and apply them as required. We keep recent backups of your website just in case things go wrong.
- SSL Certificate renewal – SSL Certificates are essential for every site, since Google made the decision to give sites that have an SSL certificate a higher priority in SEO rankings over unsecured sites. Our Website Maintenance packages ensure SSL certificates are current and renewals are taken care of promptly.
- Site updates – You don’t want your website to stay the same forever. You will need to change something, add or change specials, new products, staff changes, new store locations, new images, update your projects or gallery…you name it, if you have one of our website maintenance care packages we can make the changes for you.
- Support – After your initial training you are bound to have questions, no problem, just ask with our website maintenance care packages we are here to help.
We provide our clients with complete website design and maintenance services.
Starting with a comprehensive website strategy, we then create a site to match your vision. Once completed, we continue to work with you, ensuring your website is working for you, and that it continues to grow with your business.
If you’d like to know more about building a website or website maintenance for your existing site (even if it was built by someone else), Get in touch with us here!