Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales are fast approaching. But are you prepared for the biggest sale period of the year? If not, then now’s the time to finesse that online store and workshop that killer sales offer. If you’re not sure where to start but are looking at maximising sales, look no further as we’ve shared our top three tips on how to deliver your best BFCM sale yet.
Prepare Your Site for Increased Traffic
During the upcoming sale period, if you’re offer is too good to be true, expect a spike in website visitors. But is your website equipped to handle the extra traffic?
Websites are built for growth and can typically handle an influx of traffic, but there are a few key steps you can put in place to help you prepare for high-traffic flows:
- Run a page speed test – one of the best ways to identify any opportunities that could improve your website speed.
- Web hosting with maximum bandwidth – this is pretty self-explanatory but many people don’t know the bandwidth of their hosting service. We recommend checking this out and seeing where upgrades can be made.
- Simplified website versions – there are several optimisations that can happen here. Start by optimising images, converting dynamic content to static content and disabling unused software. A website that loads quickly is your ticket to a positive user experience.
- Optimise your checkout process – when your customer is ready to buy, a simple and intuitive checkout process is key. Since 28% of customers will abandon their cart due to a confusing checkout process run an audit against your existing process and see if there are any points that might slow customers down and that you can improve.
- Prepare a backup plan – ask yourself what your plan is in the event of a server error or hack. Planning ahead for one of these unlikely scenarios can help minimise any effects and keep your customers happy.
While it’s tricky to get this right, the payoff is strong. 💪 If you ever need a helping hand, we’ve got an expert team of designers and web developers ready to help.
Create a Seamless Customer Experience
You have 10 seconds to convince a user to stay on your website. That’s it!
Visitors to your store should be able to find the product they are looking for in 2 clicks or less, any more and you risk them shopping elsewhere. With so much noise online during the Holiday period, it’s essential to deliver a seamless online experience.
Here are some things to look at in your online:
- An easy-to-find search bar – why not make website visitors happier by helping them find what they are looking for faster.
- Clearly defined navigational labels – too many decisions will lead to a confused customer.
- Clickable sub-categories – small details such as a menu layout and hiearchy significantly affect customer experience.
- Footer links with contact information & support links – make it easy for the customer to find all the information they need to make a purchasing decision. Ensure information around shipping and returns is easily accessible. These factors significantly affect buying decisions with “89% of consumers more likely to make another purchase after a positive customer service experience.”
Ramp Up Customer Service
Just like increasing staff on a shop floor during a sale, the same should be said for your online store. Customer service availability during busy periods is vital during the buying process. Gartner reports “when it comes to making a purchase, 64% of customers find customer experience more important than price.”
Customers want to know their needs are being looked after and the product they’re interested in is right for them. Therefore extra manpower (or even a powerful AI chatbot) can greatly impact your conversion rates.
Not only is it important to look at all aspects of the customer experience (website experience, pricing, shipping), but overlooking your customer service capabilities can make or break your bottom line.
Of course, there is an endless list of actions you can implement to generate more sales. However, if you nail these 3 things – you’ll be on track for a successful holiday sales period.
Need a helping hand, we’re your people. We love seeing business kick goals, so reach out to us today to see what we can do for you.